how it works
• solar blanket covers float on the pool surface. the air bubbles create an insulating layer which traps heat in the pool
• the heavier grades ( 500 and 600 micron ) solar blankets is ideally suited to both residential and commercial/school pools
• the lighter grade ( 400 micron ) solar blanket is ideally suited to smaller residential pools
• solar blanket covers suit pools relying solely on the sun for heat
• a layer of dimpled clear plastic laminated to a layer of flat clear plastic
• the plastic is u.v. stabilised and formulated specifically for the harsh pool environment
• the soltego range with the traditional round bubble
• the all new triple cell 610 with the revolutionary tri bubble ( link to brochure )
• never shock dose the pool while the cover remains on
• never dose the pool with algaecides while the cover remains on
• using a reel will extend the life of the cover
• use a shroud when the cover is on the reel during the peak of the summer
where to buy
• BMH distributes through pool retailers and pool builders nationwide
• ask for a BMH pool cover by name
• phone BMH if you need help locating your nearest agent
what is the life expectancy of a BMH solar blanket cover ?
- approximately 6 years subject to customer care.
how effective is a BMH solar blanket cover at retaining heat ?
- Soltetgo solar blanket covers have a thermal resistance (R) value of 0.067 and virtually eliminate evaporation. this enables solar blanket covers to save up to 70% of the pool heating energy requirements
what colours are available ?
- transparent blue only.
how do I decide which grade of bubble cover to buy ?
- the thicker the grade of solar blanket the more durable the cover, therefore choose the thickest grade if your budget will allow.
which side goes up ?
- the flat side is the top and the bubble side is on the bottom. this makes for easier cleaning.
can I get a black cover ?
- no - on black covers the sun tended to heat the cover rather the pool. the blue covers are superior as they allow the sun through to heat the water.
do I need a cover on an indoor pool ?
- yes - covers significantly reduce indoor condensation as well as saving heat loss.
"we’ve had our pool a couple of seasons and were contemplating purchasing a heat pump. We’d heard of someone else with our type of pool, a ceramic composite pool, who had one of your solar covers and claimed they didn’t need it heated. so we purchased your solar bubble cover and sure enough within a week the pool temperature had risen a few degrees. i reckon that over the summer our pool was on average 3 to 5 degrees hotter, reaching a high 28 to 29 degrees.
the cutting and fitting of it was all relatively simple. we also bought the reel for the cover which works great.
thanks again, awesome product.
cheers, paul mackenzie "
"It is very important for companies who have a strong customer focus to be able to receive 100% support and commitment from their suppliers and we are pleased to report that BMH Pool Supplies not only manufacture a high quality product, they also provide invaluable customer service to their customers (spa and pool retailers) which in turn helps us to achieve customer satisfaction. BMH Pool Supplies deliver what they say they will on time, every time. "
- Jan Cazemier, Compass Pools New Zealand www.compasspools.co.nz
3 year warranty
covering faulty material and workmanship on return to factory basis
for a printable warranty and cover care page go to....
• not all pool covers on the market in New Zealand are equal
• Soltego is manufactured in Australia and is proven over 25 years in NZ
• Soltego has the Australian Smart Approved Watermark quality standard
soltego 400 solar blanket / self trim
$ 24.20 incl. GST per sqm
soltego 500 solar blanket / self trim
$ 27.20 incl. GST per sqm
soltego 500 solar blanket / upgraded
$ 42.00 incl. GST per sqm
triple cell 610 solar blanket / self trim
$ 31.20 incl. GST per sqm
triple cell 610 solar blanket / upgraded
$ 45.00 incl. GST per sqm
• price includes g.s.t.
• price excludes freight and installation