BMH Spa Hardcover
new zealand made
• all BMH hardcovers are new zealand made
• BMH hardcovers are constructed for new zealand conditions
• BMH covers are proven after 25 years of manufacturing
• beware of cheap chinese imports
how it works
• the hardcover sits on the top rim of the spa
• it acts like the lid on a pot to trap heat
• can be used on both residential and commercial spas
• made by inserting two high strength polystyrene foam sheets into a vinyl outer
• the bottom of the cover is made of chlorine resistant p.e. plastic to eliminate bleaching
• the handles are internally strengthened
• the tie downs are strengthened and adjustable
• locking mechanisms are fitted to limit access to the spa
• we use proven u.v. resistant vinyl (proven over 17 years of use).
• the central hinge is strengthened
• the internal foams are supported across the centre with an aluminium channel
• the internal foams have a 100 to 50mm taper to prevent ponding on the surface of the cover
• never shock dose the spa while the cover remains on
• never dose the spa with algaecides while the cover remains on
• never drag the hardcover
• use of a cover lifter will extend the life of the cover
• to clean the vinyl use mild soapy water and rinse with fresh water
where to buy
• BMH distributes through pool retailers and pool builders nationwide
• ask for a BMH spa cover by name
• phone BMH if you need help locating your nearest agent
• BMH has an extensive list of existing spa hardcover patterns
• this list includes most brands and model sold in NZ over the last decade
• if you have the make and model of your spa please check this list
• click here to view list
• available colours - black, charcoal, grey, navy, blue, brown, gold, biege, earth, forest, red
• please be aware web images are approximate representations of colour only
• if you require exact colour sample please contact BMH and request a material sample be sent
• click here to view colour options
what is the life expectancy of a BMH spa hard cover ?
- approximately 8 years subject to customer care.
how effective is a hardcover at retaining heat ?
- spa hard covers have a thermal resistance (R) value of 2.28 and virtually eliminate evaporation. this enables hard covers to save up to 70% of the pool heating energy requirements
what sized spas can be covered with a spa hardcover ?
- the majority of spas are under 2400mm x 2400mm square and are simple to cover. larger covers can be made but may need modifications. call us to discuss further. please be aware that while larger covers are possible they are physically hard to handle and are therefore prone to damage.
are there any spa shapes that cant be covered ?
- to date no - hard covers can be custom fitted to almost all spas.
does the hardcover exempt us from the legal requirements to fence ?
- your local council is required by law to enforce the fencing of swimming pools act. all councils currently have different interpretations of the act so you will need to contact them directly to determine requirements in your area.
does compliance to n.z. safety standard NZ8500:2006 exempt us from the legal requirements to fence ?
- this is the intention but it hasn't happened yet - the standard was introduced in December 2006 and needs to be adopted by individual councils.
how safe are the BMH hardcovers ?
- these covers are designed to prevent a small child accessing the pool. this only works if the locking devices are used.
can we walk on the cover ?
- cover construction is a compromise between being strong and durable and being light enough to lift on and off on a daily basis. it will therefore withstand the weight of a toddler but an adults weight is likely to cause damage. the life of the cover will be extended if everyone (pets and kids included) stays off the cover.
do I need a cover on an indoor pool ?
- yes - covers significantly reduce indoor condensation as well as saving heat loss.
"just a note to say thanks so much for my customised spa hardcover. we are having so many more spas now as it is always nice and clean 24/7 plus it actually saves on heating costs -- only need it on for 2 hours a day as it keeps the heat in so much better. it looks great too "
- melissa, freemans bay, auckland.
"BMH supply us with good quality lockable spa pool covers. their turnover is always prompt. andy is always friendly and helpful on the phone.
thanks from everyone at affordable spa pools ltd and spa one ltd".
3 year warranty
covering faulty material and workmanship on return to factory basis.
for a printable warranty and cover care page go to....
• bmh hard covers comply to n.z. safety standard NZ8500:2006 subject to the covers being correctly fitted
• click here to view the section of NZ8500:2006 relative to spa hard covers
• NZ8500:2006 was introduced in december 2006 and has yet to be adopted by councils or integrated into the fencing of swimming pools act
• to date each council has their own interpretations and requirements relating to the fencing of swimming pools act so spa owners need to contact their council directly to get local requirements
spa hard cover
$ 830.00 including GST
• price includes g.s.t.
• price excludes freight and installation
• custom cover price is for cover sizes up to 2400 x 2400mm